So today’s recipe is my take on roasted chicken and potatoes with middle eastern flavors. I recently discovered the spice blend Za’atar, and love how flavorful it is. The paprika, pounded whole garlic cloves, sliced lemon, za’atar and harissa paste make this simple chicken and potatoes dish very very flavorful! The roasted garlic and lemon slices caramelize and become awesomely delicious! Difficult to explain how tasty this dish is! You have to try this recipe to know 🙂
I used chicken wings in the recipe but you can also use bone-in thighs or legs. Also the left over chicken can be shredded and can be made into a delicious sandwich the next day.
Would love to know how the recipe turned out for you.
- Chicken wings - 1 pound or ½ kg
- Potatoes(skin on) - 3 medium (cut into wedges)
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tbsp
- Harissa paste - 1 tbsp
- Zataar spice - 1 ½ tbsp
- Garlic - 5 cloves (skin on pounded)
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Lemon - 1 large (cut into thin slices)
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Take the chicken and potatoes in a baking dish.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 420F for 1 ½ hours.
- Remember everyone's oven is different. Keep a close look after one hour and bake until the chicken and potatoes develop a golden brown color and are fully cooked through.
- You can also broil in the end to make it extra golden and crispy.