So today I’m sharing recipe for a quick and delicious shrimp appetizer. It’s perfect for parties as you can whip it up in no time. It can also jazz up your regular meals like dal chawal. Give it a try. I am sure you are going to love this recipe!
- 500gm medium sized shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 2 -3 sprigs of curry leaves
- 4-5 green chillies or to taste - remove seeds if dont like it spicy (slit lengthwise)
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves to garnish (chopped)
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut milk or sprinkle some water
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon ginger paste
- ½ tablespoon garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, add shrimp (make sure they are completely dry).
- Then add ½ tsp of cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, crushed black pepper powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste, some salt to taste and juice of half a lime.
- Mix well and keep aside. Let the shrimp marinate while you work on the masala.
- For the masala, In a pan heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil, add the curry leaves.
- When the curry leaves start to splutter add the sliced onions and cook on high flame for 3-4 minutes. You are looking to get a good color on the onion and keeping them a bit crunchy.
- Season the onions with very little salt and pepper.
- Add the green chillies next and fry for a minute.
- Now push the onions aside and make some space for the marinated shrimp. Add the shrimp and fry for 3 minutes on each side. Mix everything well and add 1-2 tbsp of coconut milk and fry for another minute.
- Lastly garnish with chopped coriander leaves and some more lime juice.
- Serve hot with lime wedges and a cold beer!