Sharing my favorite salsa recipe. It’s sweet. It’s spicy and hot and it’s super tasty! Not your usual Salsa. Goes well with chips, tacos and omelettes. Check out my previous recipe where I used this salsa – http://www.nehuskitchen.com/stuffed-omelette
Adding a mango or pineapple to salsa just makes it so much more balanced and flavorful. Also its summertime and mangoes are abundant here, though I miss mangoes from India, the ones we get in Texas get the job done. I like to add extra chillies in this recipe both red and green for that extra kick. I would say don’t shy away from the chillies, trust me it just adds something extra to this simple recipe. The sweetness from the mango, the heat from the chillies and the sourness from the lime is a match made in heaven. Give this recipe a try, I’m sure you’ll love it.
- Mango - 1 medium or 1 cup (cut into chunks)
- Onion - 1 cup
- Tomato - ½ cup
- Cilantro - 1 cup
- Lime - 1 big or 2 small
- Green chillis - 4-5 or 1 Jalapeno
- Dried red chillies - 2-3
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- In a blender add all the ingredients and blend into a coarse salsa.
- Give a taste after blending and adjust the salt and lime, if your mango is too sweet add more lime.
- Enjoy with some tortilla chips or over grilled chicken or fish.