It’s been a while since I posted a recipe that I had almost forgotten how good this feels :). Last few weeks have been crazy busy. We moved to a new apartment and now we have a new kitchen with upgraded appliances and glass top burner (yay!!). It took Frontier two weeks to move our internet service (*shakes head*). Anyways! I finally have internet now to get back to my youtube and blog. I also started a new job today as a Pharmacy Technician (Double yay!). The coming time is going to be challenging when I try to juggle my job and my website but then what is life without a little challenge. I hope to post at least two recipes a week. Ill try posting more as I come up with quick and easy recipes for lunch just like the one today.
Today’s recipe is a soba noodle salad – a very flavorful and fresh recipe which is perfect for the summers. Its getting hot here in Dallas! If you have had soba noodles you would know how good they taste. They are also healthier than your regular noodles and also more satiating. I have (almost) replaced the regular noodles with Soba be it for cold salads or hot asian recipes.
This is a vegetarian version but you can also add tuna, chicken or shrimp to this noodle salad. Also I am using both black and white sesame seeds but you can use either one. Just toast them a bit for added nutty flavor. Also adjust the lime per your taste. I generally like a lot of lime.
Hope you like this recipe.
Lots of love.
- Soba noodles - 150 gm
- Red cabbage - 2 cups (shredded)
- Sweet bell peppers - 2 cups (julienned)
- Green onion - ½ cup
- Carrots - 1 cup (grated)
- Coriander leaves - ½ cup or to taste
- Basil leaves - 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Mint leaves - 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Black and white Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp (toasted)
- Water - to boil noodles
- ----- For the dressing -----
- Unsweetened peanut butter - 3 tbsp
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (grated)
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Sriracha - 1 tbsp or to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Chilli flakes - to taste
- Lime juice - 2 tbsp or 2 limes
- In a pot boil the soba noodles as per package instructions.
- Strain under cold water and keep aside.
- In a salad bowl, add the red cabbage, peppers, green onions, carrots, coriander leaves, mint leaves and basil leaves. Mix all the vegetables.
- Then take another bowl and add the peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, ginger, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and lime juice.
- Whisk well to combine all the ingredients to form a dressing.
- Add the noodles to the veggies in the salad bowl followed by the dressing and sesame seeds.
- Mix well and serve cold. The salad tastes better if you let it sit in the refrigerator for some time. Enjoy!