Today I’m sharing a super easy and fun recipe, my Indian style scrambled egg tacos. Serve this with my mango salsa and sliced avocado and you are in for a treat. Give this recipe a try, I’m sure you’ll make it again and again. Cheers!
- For egg bhurji:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium onion (chopped) ~ 1 cup
- 2 medium tomatoes(chopped) ~ 2 cups
- 2 green chillies (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Some chopped coriander leaves(to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil or vegetable oil
- For the tacos:
- Tortillas of your choice or homemade chapatis.
- Mango salsa (homemade or store bought)
- Sliced avocado or cucumbers
- In a pan, heat 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, then add the chopped onions. Cook the onions until they turn golden brown in color.
- Then add the tomatoes and green chillies, also add the spices, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp garam masala and salt.
- Saute the tomatoes until they are completely dry and cooked. (make sure there is no water in the masala or else the bhurji will become soggy).
- Add the eggs, just break all 4 eggs and mix and fold gently until the eggs are well combined with the masala.
- Once the scrambled eggs are nice and dry, add the chopped coriander leaves and keep aside.
- To assemble the tacos:
- Heat up the tortillas and keep aside. Slice the avocado and season with lime juice, salt and pepper. Also keep some mango salsa ready in a bowl.
- Take one tortilla, add some scrambled eggs, about 2 slices of avocado and top off with some mango salsa.
- Serve with some more mango salsa and tortilla chips. Enjoy!