Sabudana khichdi -Tapioca Sago Khichdi -Vrat Recipe- No onion no garlic recipe- Non Sticky Delicious, easy and healthy recipe with a tip on soaking sabudana for perfect fluffy pearls. Satvik recipe, perfect for Navratri or Fasting.
- 1 cup sabudana (washed, soaked and drained)
- 3-4 small potatoes (boiled and cut into small pieces)
- 3-4 green chillies or to taste (slit lengthwise)
- ½ cup peanuts (roasted and crushed)
- ½ tablespoon anardana (dried pomegranate seeds)
- ½ tablespoon grated ginger
- 2-3 sprigs of curry leaves
- ½ tablespoon red chilli powder or to taste(preferably deggi mirch)
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2-3 tablespoon pure ghee (clarified butter)
- Lime juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash one cup of sabudana 3-4 times under cold water. Then soak in room temperature water for 2 hours. Drain and keep the wet sabudana aside for 4-5 hours or preferably overnight.
- In a pan, heat 2-3 tbsp of ghee, add the curry leaves and once they start to splutter add ½ tbsp of grated ginger. Saute for 1 min on medium to low flame.
- Next add ½ tbsp anardana, 3-4 green chillies and ½ tbsp red chilli powder and saute for 10 seconds. Make sure to keep the flame low or the spices will burn.
- Add the boiled potatoes, stir well and saute for 2-3 minutes, also season the potatoes with salt. Then add the sabudana and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of crushed peanuts, stir and cook for another minute.
- Lastly finish the dish with lots of chopped coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Enjoy with some plain yogurt or as a snack with hot tea.