Another easy healthy recipe this week – My version of the roasted cauliflower and eggplant salad. I love salads and am always looking for ways to make my salads more interesting and this is one of my favorite warm salads. Warm spicy salads are great if you are looking to eat clean and lose (or gain) weight. This particular salad is very (very!) delicious. The yogurt tahini dressing goes really well with the roasted cauliflower and eggplant and adds the right amount of creaminess. You have to try this recipe to know what I am talking about :). Also a great dish if you are trying to get someone who does not like cauliflower or eggplant. Roasting makes both these veggies so much better both in taste and in texture.
Would love to hear how you liked this spicy warm salad.
p.s. My motto – Eat healthy but with no compromise on taste. 🙂
- 1 medium eggplant (cut into thick semi circle slices)
- 1 head of cauliflower (cut into large florets)
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon red chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Chopped mint leaves to taste
- Dressing :
- ⅓ cup thick yogurt
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of 1 large lemon (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Zaatar seasoning (or chopped mint leaves)
- Grease a baking dish with some oil and place the cauliflower florets and sliced eggplant. (make sure not to cut the eggplant slices too thin or they won’t hold shape).
- Sprinkle the veggies with ½ tbsp paprika, 4 tbsp olive oil, ½ tbsp chilli powder, 1 tbsp honey, ½ tbsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- Use your hands to rub all the spices evenly on the cauliflower and eggplant.
- Bake the cauliflower and eggplant in a preheated oven at 430 F for 45 minutes. Keep an eye though, you are looking for a nice golden brown color.
- Once done, let the cauliflower and eggplant cool a little bit.
- In the meanwhile, let's make the dressing. In a bowl, add ⅓ cup of yogurt, juice of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp tahini and 1 tsp zaatar. Whisk well and keep aside.
- Take out the roasted cauliflower and eggplant in a wide dish, make sure not to break the eggplant. Add dressing to taste and sprinkle with chopped mint leaves. Enjoy!