Today’s recipe features Zoodles. They are just as fun to make as they are to say – Zoodles! Zoodles are zucchini turned into noodles. There are various ways to make noodles out of vegetables but the most fun and easy way is to use a Spiralizer. If you don’t have a spiralizer or don’t want to order one you can always cut the zucchini into juliennes (tough!) or just use pasta instead of the zoodles.
The recipe itself is pretty simple and very (very!) quick but at the same time very flavorful. I hope you have as much fun with this recipe as I had. Enjoy Zoodles with a glass of wine. Cheers!
Love Neha! :*
- Zucchini - 2 large (spiralized into noodles)
- Cherry tomatoes - ½ cup (cut into halves)
- Sweet mini peppers - ½ cup (cut into rounds)
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper- to taste
- Chilli Flakes - to taste
- Basil Pesto - 3 tbsp (you can use store bought or homemade, recipe below)
- ----- For the pesto -----
- Fresh Basil Leaves - 2 cups
- Garlic - 1 large clove
- Cashew nuts - 4-5 (or can also use pine nuts 3 tbsp)
- Grated lemon zest - 1 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil - ⅓ cup
- Lemon juice - 1tbsp
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Red chilli flakes - ½ tsp
- In a food processor or mortar and pestle, combine the basil, garlic, cashew nuts, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Grind until smooth and keep aside. Note that you can store the pesto in the refrigerator for upto 1 week.
- Using the spiralizer, make noodles out of the zucchini and keep aside.
- In a large skillet or pan, heat 1 tsp of olive oil. Add the cherry tomatoes and sweet peppers. Saute for 1-2 min on high flame, season with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Stir and add the zucchini noodles, saute on high flame for a minute.
- Then turn off the flame and add 3 tbsp of basil pesto. Stir well and coat all the noodles with the pesto.
- Plate onto a dish and enjoy.
If you don't have a spiralizer, you can also cut the zucchini into juliennes .
You can replace the zoodles with Penne or Rigatoni.
Also you can add more veggies to the pasta if you like.