Hello Friends! Sharing a quick and easy chicken recipe. This is one of my go-to recipes for a quick and healthy dinner. 30 minutes and dinner is done! I usually have a jar of home-made pesto resting in my refrigerator however you can use store bought too. A side of greens and a glass of wine makes this dish complete. Simple, fresh and absolutely delicious – the pesto chicken is always a welcome break from the spicy indian food! 🙂
Hope you enjoy this.
Love Neha :*
- Chicken breast - 4 pieces(thinly sliced or pounded)
- Basil Pesto - 4 tbsp
- Tomatoes - 3 (cut into round slices)
- Red chilli Flakes - 1 tsp (or to taste)
- Parmesan cheese - 2 tbsp
- Crushed Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 clove (grated)
- Lemon - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Grease the baking dish with olive oil and place the pounded chicken on top.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and ½ tsp chilli flakes and some lemon juice on the chicken breast.
- Smear 1 tbsp of pesto on each piece of chicken breast. Spread evenly.
- Add the slices of tomato on top of the pesto
- Then add the grated garlic, remaining ½ tsp of chilli flakes, olive oil and parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs.
- Stir and mix everything well.
- Finally sprinkle the bread crumb mixture onto the chicken slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- If you like the top crispy then broil (Grill) for two more minutes.
- Enjoy with a side of salad or grilled bread and a glass of wine.