Today I’m sharing an instant red chilli chutney, perfect for momos. Those of you who make momos at home would agree that they take a while and the last thing you want is to spend too much time making the chutney. So instead of reaching out for that bottle of chilli oil or sambal try this recipe. You’ll be surprised how good it tastes with the momos. You just blend everything, no cooking is involved and you have your momo chutney in no time! I even like to eat this chutney with dal chawal and plain maggi. Hope you’ll enjoy this recipe!
- 10-12 whole red chillies (or to taste depending on how hot the chillies are)
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 large tomato
- Soak the red chillies in hot water for a minimum of 15 minutes or until they are soft.
- Roughly chop the tomato and add it to a mixer, also add garlic, salt, sugar and the soaked and drained red chillies.
- Blend until you get a smooth chutney.
- Take out the chutney in a bowl and add the chopped coriander leaves. Mix and remove excess water.
- Enjoy this spicy chutney with hot momos or any other dish.