Hello Friends! Sharing a very easy recipe for a great tasting (and looking) masala omelette.
This is my husband Arpan’s recipe. He made this omelette the other day and used spring onion instead of regular onion, slow cooked the omelette, added cheese which normally he doesn’t and cut it into triangular pieces. It looked so pretty and best part was that it tasted awesome. I told him right after taking the first bite that I have to recreate this one. This is my go-to recipe these days. Make this and you’ll know what I’m talking about. You will see that slow cooking the omelette helps a lot as you don’t have to turn the omelette, so no question of breaking 🙂 and also it becomes nice and fluffy. Patience does pay off when making this. Give this one a go and you’ll love it. It is kid friendly too, just leave out the green chillies and add more cheese 🙂
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup tomatoes (finely chopped)
- ½ cup spring onions or 2-3 stalks (finely chopped) or ½ cup regular onion
- 1-2 green chillies or as per taste (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves (chopped )
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Pinch of garam masala
- ½ cup grated cheese of your choice (I used mozzarella cheese)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Olive oil or vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, break 4 eggs and add rest of the ingredients except cheese. Whisk well to combine all ingredients.
- In a non- stick pan add about ½ tsp oil to grease the pan. Add the egg mixture and cook on low to medium flame for about 10-15 minutes. The idea is to cook the omelette without burning the bottom.
- After 10 minutes, check from one side to make sure the omelette is not burning and has developed a nice golden brown color.
- You can also cover with a lid to speed up the cooking process.
- Once the omelette is cooked, add the cheese and let it melt. Then fold the omelette in half. Press so that the cheese melts evenly and the omelette cooks from within.
- Lastly cut the omelette in half to make triangle pieces and flip to cook from both sides, pressing lightly.
- Once done, take out on a plate and serve with some bread and tomato ketchup 🙂 Enjoy!