Sharing my absolute favorite pasta recipe. It’s creamy! It’s tangy and its delicious. Trust me when I say this – You need this recipe in your life. Try it to know it. 🙂
- ½ pound (225 gms) of Penne Pasta (boiled as per instructions) or any pasta of choice
- 1 can of diced or pureed tomatoes or 3-4 large tomatoes (pureed)
- 1 small head of broccoli (cut into florets) or any vegetable of choice
- 250 gm of baby bella mushrooms (sliced) or white button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon garlic (finely chopped)
- ½ cup onions (finely chopped)
- 10-12 basil leaves (torn) or 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese (or as per taste)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (or as per taste)
- 2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 tablespoon of olive oil
- For the marinara sauce:
- In a pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter and add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Then add the onions and garlic and sweat for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and just a little water swirling whatever is left in the can.
- Simmer the sauce for 2 minutes and then add the sugar and salt. Stir and after a few minutes add the italian seasoning and chilli flakes.
- I let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes but if you like your pasta with a lot of sauce just cook for a lesser time.
- In the end add the basil leaves and fresh oregano. Keep aside once done.
- In another pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and once hot add the broccoli and saute on high flame for 2 minutes. Season with some salt and chilli flakes.
- Then add the mushrooms, season them as well and cook for a few minutes until they develop some color. Once done, keep them aside.
- Heat up the marinara sauce and on low flame add 3 tbsp of sour cream. Give it a minute and then add the sauted broccoli and mushrooms. Also add the pasta and stir everything well.
- Lastly, add mozzarella and parmesan cheese, finish with some more fresh basil and oregano. Serve hot. Enjoy!