Veg chilli garlic noodles using Soba noodles - how to make super healthy, super delicious and super quick chowmein.
- 200 gm Soba Noodles (or hakka noodles)
- 1 cup cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup bell peppers or capsicum (julienned)
- 1 cup onion (sliced)
- ½ cup carrots (julienned)
- 4-5 stalks of green onion (finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (2 tbsp if using light soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon green chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Boil the noodles as per package instructions and keep aside. (add some salt and oil to the water while boiling the noodles that prevents the noodles from sticking to each other). Do remember to wash the noodles with cold water after boiling to stop the cooking process.
- In a wok or kadai add 3 tbsp of vegetable oil, once hot add 1 tbsp of finely chopped garlic, cook for 30 seconds and then add 1 tsp of chilli flakes. Keep the flame medium and make sure the garlic and chilli flakes do not burn.
- Saute for 30 seconds and then add 1 cup of sliced onions. We will stir fry everything quickly.
- Saute onions for 2 mins on high flame, then add 1 cup of bell peppers and ½ cup of carrots. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Then add 1 cup of cabbage and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the boiled noodles next and also all the sauces. (make a slurry of 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp red chilli sauce, 1 tbsp green chilli sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp tomato ketchup).
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix everything really well. Cook for 2 minutes making sure all the sauces, vegetables and noodles are thoroughly combined.
- Lastly add the chopped spring onions and mix. Serve hot!