Nehu : “Hey guys! Welcome to Nehu’s Kitchen. I am Neha. People lovingly call me Nehu. This is our space where my hubby Arpan (aka Appi) and I bring together my passion for food and his love for photography. We will share recipes which we love to cook and would like you guys to try out.”
Appi : “Hello there! Thank you for visiting us and hope you come back plenty and share this journey with us. We will try to keep the recipes simple, the pictures appetizing and videos sharp. yes there will be videos.. soon!! Also, we generally like our food spicy and hot, like 5 on a scale of 5 so leave out the chilies if are not into the heat.”
Nehu : “…Especially for the Indian recipes.”
Guys : “Tell us about yourself.”
Appi : “We currently live in Dallas, TX. Both of us were born in Shimla, a beautiful little hill town in the lap of the Himalayas full of lovely people and pine trees and tourists (lots and lots of tourists).”
Nehu : “Most people know most people in Shimla. We knew each other too! became friends and fell in love and got married and have been together since(..yes we became friends when I was 16). We love doing just about everything together and have a great time even in what others may consider mundane, e.g. grocery shopping! We also love to cook together and are an awesome team in the kitchen.”
Appi : “Yeah! We can get dinner ready real quick. Divide and conquer. Love to keep the Kitchen lively. Wine helps. So does beer or for that matter any beverage and music. Definitely music!. We have such a great time in the kitchen 😉 and that reflects in the food. Anyone who has had dinner with us can vouch for that.”
Guys : “What inspires you and What can we expect on the blog?”
Nehu : “I find inspiration in just about everything. Eating out on the street or at restaurants especially at new places while we are traveling, reading up blogs and watching travel and cooking shows. If I discover a new dish I attempt to recreate it sometimes adding my own personal touch; Sometimes to create a healthier or a vegetarian version of it. Sometimes just to add a tasty twist and sometimes just for the lack or presence of an ingredient in the pantry. I also plan to add a lot of vegetarian and vegan recipes on the blog. I have been a non-vegetarian all my life but I find myself going towards Vegetarianism.”
Guys : “What else do you like to do?”
Appi : “Lots! –
- Love to travel. Love road trips, Just the two of us. Neha talks and I drive! Last holiday season we drove more than 4000 miles! Dallas to Santa Fe to Havasupai to Phoenix to Vegas to Whitesands and back!
- Going out with friends to try out new bars and restaurants in Dallas every weekend. For some reason we end up at someone’s home and dance for hours – guess we are a happy bunch.
- We also become couch potatoes on a perfectly beautiful day (when the whole world is outside) but we binge watch a TV series. Wish Netflix takes over Game of Thrones and make the entire season available in one go.
- New found love of camping and hiking. Something that you would see a lot on the travel page (coming soon!)
- We love eating all avatars of momos – dumplings, gyoza, mandu, dimsums, potstickers. We love them steamed. We love them fried. We love them in soup and we love them soup filled(if you haven’t had Xiaolongbao then you are missing something!)”
Nehu : “Thank you for visiting and taking time to read about us. I hope my recipes inspire you to get cooking in your kitchen and create delicious food. You are most welcome to use the media/recipes – blog, pin or post them online but humbly request you to give credit and link back to the blog when you do. There would be nothing more rewarding for me than hearing that someone liked my recipe and decided to share it. Cheers!”