Hope you all are doing great. I’ve been MIA for quite some time and haven’t been posting much in the last few weeks. We are in process of moving out from Dallas. More details coming soon :). Selling stuff and preparing for the move is taking quite some time. Finally have sold almost everything, even the kitchen stuff and are packing just four bags for our new destination. Clean slate with just the bare minimum possessions. Excited!!
I made this sweet potato hummus sometime back, but just edited the video and thought will share it before we leave. Next video/recipe from our new Kitchen. Wish me all the best 🙂
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 can of boiled chickpeas or 1 cup
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 large clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- Juice of 1 large lemon or to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water or as needed
- Salt to taste
- Zaatar seasoning or dried mint to garnish
- Wash and dry the sweet potato and poke some holes with a fork. Brush some oil and salt on it and place on a baking dish.
- Bake the sweet potato in a preheated oven at 430 F for 45 minutes.
- Once done, let it cool down, peel and set aside.
- In a blender, add the peeled sweet potato, garlic, boiled chickpeas, tahini, paprika, cayenne, cumin powder, lemon juice, olive oil and salt to taste.
- Blend until smooth, add water if needed.
- Garnish with some more olive oil, zaatar and cayenne. Enjoy with fresh vegetables or pita chips.